Try to Stay Positive – Things Will Get Better
If you’ve been following the 24/7 news updates about the Corona Virus, you’re likely frustrated. You’re probably wondering if we’ll ever be able to leave our homes again. Hang in there, this situation isn’t going to last forever. And your business isn’t closing.
As one medical expert said on ABC’s 20/20 on Monday night, “it’s going to get worse before it gets better.” But don’t overlook the end of that quote: It’s going to get better.
History Shows If You Cut Less During Down Times You’ll Gain More in Better Times
Historically, businesses that have chosen a more progressive strategy of reallocating spending during a recession have outperformed businesses that made sweeping cuts during that same time period.
Below is a list of Digital Marketing Ideas that you can do for your business during this whole mess:
- Connect With Your Customers on Social Media During Critical Moments
- Make Sure Your Business Can Be Found Online
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising is a Smart Move Right Now
- Stay Ahead or Jump In Front of Your Competition
- Prepare Your Business For the Bounce-Back Surge
- Unique Circumstances Provide Opportunities for a Special Offer
- Local SEO is now More Relevant; So Are Your Online Reviews
- Be Prepared to Pivot as a Business and Inform Your Customers
- Don’t Fall Victim to the Panic Move
- Use this Down Time to Finish Your Digital To-Do Lists
Your Business Needs to be Prepared to Adapt and Overcome
Businesses must remain agile during this economic downturn because of the restrictions that are in place due to quarantines, social distancing and shelter-in-place orders.
You should look for new and unique ways to serve your customers while they mostly remain in their homes every day. Businesses that think on their feet and show the ability to quickly adapt will come out ahead of others that fail to alter their approaches.
Only “essential” brick-and-mortar businesses remain open throughout most of the United States. But just because you can no longer accept walk-up customers doesn’t mean you have to stop selling or halt your marketing. Are you in an industry that’s been impacted by a sudden closure? What are your customers now searching for at home because you can’t serve them?
The best way to execute content and SEO for this type of brand boost and targeted approach during COVID-19 is through hiring a full-service digital marketing company. But if your budget won’t allow you to do that, you can still post content on your website or blog that would cover topical keywords that are now more relevant because of people’s circumstances.